Saturday, October 11, 2008

Health Advisory Committee

During high school I was a member of my school district’s Health Advisory Committee. This meant that once a week I would attend a meeting in which I represented my fellow pupils’ views of the food services offered in our school. I had the opportunity to discuss with the food services director which foods I felt should or should not be served on campus. In return I was educated about the food selection process and learned just how hard it was to change a school’s culture in terms of nutrition.

If ever given the opportunity to become a member of such a committee I strongly recommend you take it. Even if you aren’t able to make the changes you want, you will learn the steps it will take to make progress and just how much work it will take to implement your vision.

No comments: